Sunday, November 19, 2006

Momentous occasion 19/11/06: [17:49:49] i gonna cut my hair tml

For the record, here's a brief history of team Zenith, to drive away the thousand and one misconceptions, of which include that we have koped players from Mi2, and others I probably don't want to hear about.

In the end of 2004, GPS and his brother Tofuboi (or steakzzz as he was known then) formed a team to take part in RGN DotA Season 1. Then, I was GPS' schoolmate, and due to complications, I was supposed to join their team, but eventually didn't. They got 3rd. 2 other players to mention, Shoury and Lux, joined the competition under another team and got 2nd. ice meanwhile was part of bonkers, the team that took the first place. Musica was not in the competitive scene yet, or so I'm led to believing.

As 2005 begun, Lux, Shoury, Tofuboi, and GPS, along with lu.ck (who is not lu5ck, a commom misconception), a classmate of GPS, formed a team, later to be known as DsD since Shoury at that time was in DsD for WC3:TFT. I never actually played a single LAN tourney for them and was never officially in DsD, although I did play online matches and came down as a reserve for some compes (but never did play on LAN).

At that point, ice was gallavanting from team to team, not set on a stable one. Musica I think still wasn't in the competitive scene.

At the end of 2005, for RGN Season 2, lu.ck was replaced by me because his skills had detiorated due to O lvls (whereas I don't take O levels, and GPS doesn't have a tyrannical parent that stops him from practicing for months before the O's). Shoury went off to play SRO -.- and so ice replaced him. At that point, because 2 players were not from DsD (ice and me), DsD (as I am led to believe) wasn't that willing to sponsor the team, and after winning RGN Season 2, the team joined ice in clan mVp, assuming their name as well.

With absolutely not player changes whatsoever, the team left mVp on a good note to find independent sponsorship (sponsorship as a 5 man team, not for the whole clan). Name was changed to Zenith at this point.

Musica joined team Zenith in September 2006, after a brief stint with Shinigami.

A brief history of Zenith, victories and tournament experiences not included.

No comments: